It's all about time: Time to manage your organization and its competitions.
We have found a way to make these tasks fast, easy, and reliable.
At the same time we will make your organization look modern and professional by providing a handsome website to showcase your organization and images.
This was not a small or simple project for us. There are over 350,000 lines of code in this project
with over 4 man-years of effort. We have done this to make your life easier. Over 10,000 people in over 130 organizations are using our service, which was introduced in 2005. There are over 650,000 images cataloged into the system in over 36,000 competitions. Members have created over 4000 galleries.
Visual Pursuits provides a website that you can easily customize for your organization.
Your website is used to manage your membership, calendar of events, news, documents, and competitions.
Your membership and competition information are shared with our Image Competition Manager program, which can display images and competitions
while disconnected from the Internet.
The Image Competition Manager may be used at your organization meetings to show images for critiquing, judging, and then to display the competition winners.
Images may be submitted via your website or during a competition.
When you have an Internet connection you synchronize the data with your website, uploading and downloading images.
When your competitions are complete, the winning images are instantly displayed on your website. It takes only a single button click to make this happen.
We expect you to save hours of labor associated with each of your competitions by handling your membership roster, competition bookkeeping, judging, and shows.
If you have annual competitions using your winners throughout the year, all of the competition entries can be made automatically.
If you forward images to a council or regional group for an inter-club competition, the process is quick, simple, and error free.
- Saves Time
- Manage all of your competitions and users in under one hour per month.
- Last Minute Submissions
- Competition images can be accepted up to the last moment or any amount of time in advance.
- Simplifies Record keeping
- There is no need for paper records of competitions or members. It is all available instantly and securely from your website.
- Eliminates Errors
- There is no copying of information or trying to read a member's handwriting. Members enter in and spell check their own titles and images.
- Simple Website Creation and Maintenance
- You can quickly create an organization website and select various
themes to create a variety of presentations. With a Premium Subscription
you can customize and add web pages to your site.
- Website Judging
- With a Premium Subscription, competitions can be judged using the organization's website
using one or more judges. The Standard Subscription requires judging to be performed
with the supplied Image Competition Manager program.
- Website Critiques
- With a Premium Subscription, critiques can be assigned to images when using website judging.
The text and values set in the critique can be viewed by the image author on the website and by members
at a meeting via the Image Competition Manager program.
- Voting on Images
- Premium subscribers can allow members or the public to vote or rate images in competitions.
This is useful if you want to grant a "People's Choice" award.
- Low Cost
- A FREE subscription will provide all the basic needs for a small club. A Standard Subscription provides the major features for a photo or art club for under $3 per member per year. A Premium Subscription adds more website customizations and Website Judging. Web hosting costs alone will often exceed our charges.
Various affordable subscription plans are available including a FREE plan for small clubs.
Trial subscriptions are available to give you a chance to evaluate the service.
Use the "Subscriptions" menu item above for additional information.
Councils, Salons, Circuits
Visual Pursuits includes support for multi-organization competitions, international salons and circuits, and competitions of any size. Competition entries can be limited to members or open to the public. Payments can be required for competition entries.
Discounts for PSA Member Clubs
Clubs that are members of the Photographic Society of America (PSA) get special discounts
that can completely offset the cost of membership in that organization.
Use the links below to visit some existing websites that use the Visual Pursuits service.
We strongly encourage your to watch the video presentations on our services.
You may also download a pdf flyer
on Visual Pursuits.
Read about Software Pursuits